The Open Industrie 4.0 Alliance follows the takes of an open standardized reference architecture based on existing technologies and standards. This common architecture then becomes the basis of a functional system ecology for Industry 4.0. This system ecology enables cross-company collaboration between operators and manufacturers, without compelling an operator into complete dependence on individual suppliers.
Why is M&M Software involved?
M&M Software has established itself as an expert in industrial IoT, digital twins and cloud-based connectivity solutions in the technical/industrial business environments.
If you superimpose M&M Software's current service portfolio and the Alliance's reference architecture, you will discover many similarities and commonalities. Our IoT solutions follow the same fundamental ideas as the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance reference architecture. We also see many familiar aspects of device management in the OI4A application cases.
The interoperability and seamless linkage of components from different manufacturers that the Alliance strives for help us and our customers to implement digitalization projects more quickly, with greater flexibility and with less risk.
Thus, participation with Open Industry 4.0 Alliance was a logical step for us to make. Many of our customers from the automation industry have also taken this step.
Active Collaboration with Alliance
It is not enough for us to understand and apply preexisting technical concepts; rather, we collaborate with customers and partners during their early conceptualization to evaluate them in proof-of-concept projects and exchange the experience won thereby with Alliance members. This is why the M&M Software technology experts work closely together with work groups in:
- Open Edge Computing
- Open Operator Cloud
- Industrial Cybersecurity
- Data Spaces
The software industry experts from M&M Software are actively engaged in industrial work groups associated with concrete, industry-specific application cases:
- Machine Manufacturing
- Pharmaceuticals and Medical
Practical Project Experience
We also collaborate with different Alliance committees, projects and events.
In a OI4 demonstrator project, we joined with a number of other well-known companies to demonstrate how despite their many differences, field and edge devices from different manufacturers can communicate between themselves and with cloud systems, thus realizing continuous field-to-cloud data flow. This project was awarded with the Open Industry 4.0 Implementation Award.
Furthermore, in a close collaboration with other Alliance members commissioned by the Alliance, M&M Software developed a reference implementation of key Open Industry 4.0 modules that were then made available to all members of the Alliance as an open-source solution. The reference implementation can be seen as a technical thread that provides the essential components to all levels of the reference architecture to stitch them together as a functional, holistic system.
Individual Service Offerings
M&M Software offers a wide range of solutions and services tailored to the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance and we would be pleased to offer them to you as individualized consultation services. These include topics such as:
- Getting Started with Open Edge Computing
- In a customized workshop, we introduce you to the principles of Edge Computing within the OI4-A reference architecture. Using a concrete example, you will learn how to collect data from the field, process it and send it to the Cloud. This is supported by standardized components such as our OT connectors for Modbus and for OPC UA.
- Open Industry 4.0 AAS / Digital Twin
- We show you how to realize and apply digital twins based on the Industry 4.0 Asset Administration shell within the framework of a OI4A solution.
- IO Link Device Configurator
- With concrete examples, we demonstrate how innovative device management functions can be realized within the OI4Aarchitecture.
- OPC UA Mapping
- OPC UA is a key technology of Industry 4.0. Our tools and components offer you an efficient, automated way to map industry- and application-specific OPC UA information models to each other.
- Open Industry 4.0 and Microsoft Azure
- As experts in both worlds, we show you how you can convert concepts from the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance to the familiar Microsoft Azure Cloud services.
Some of these services can also be found in the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance marketplace directory.
Contact us directly if you would like to learn more about these topics. We will gladly and expertly support you in the realization of lighthouse projects that are based on the reference architecture of the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance and at the same time generate added value from your high-value data.
Workshop: Asset Administration Shell (1-day)
The AAS workshop from M&M Software will show you how easy it is to implement your product and business ideas with the use of the Open Industry 4.0 reference architecture.
Workshop: Open Edge Computing (one-day)
The Open Edge Computing Workshop from M&M Software introduces you to the concepts of Open Edge Computing.
Consulting in Strategy, Requirements and Solution Concept
M&M's customers have access to our all of our many years of experience in the development of industrial software solutions.